Made in Scotland is a curated showcase of high-quality performance from Scotland at the world’s biggest arts festival, made possible by support from the Scottish Government’s Festivals Expo Fund.
It is a partnership between Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society, Federation of Scottish Theatre, Scottish Music Centre and Creative Scotland.
The Made in Scotland showcase…
- Supports Scottish dance, theatre and music companies/ artists to present their best work on an international stage
- Raises the profile of the work of Scottish dance, theatre and music companies/artists and offers them unique networking opportunities with promoters
- Increases the number and diversity of international promoters coming to see Scottish work at the Fringe through a year-round promoter development programme
- Nurtures and encourages international creative dialogue and the development of international collaborations by Scottish dance, theatre and music companies/artists
- Supports international touring opportunities for all Scottish dance, theatre and music companies/artists performing at the Fringe
- Offers a year-round programme of training, support and advice to companies/artists so they can maximise the impact of their appearance in the showcase
- The Scottish Government’s Edinburgh Festivals Expo Fund is available to all 12 Edinburgh Festivals, to support the development of Scottish-based work and to allow work to reach international audiences through its presentation at the Edinburgh Festivals
- The Made in Scotland programme is selected by a panel of Arts experts. Full details on panel members can be found on the Programming Panels page.